Faith at Altitude

Religion and spirituality in the shadow of Pikes Peak

Friday, February 23, 2007

Dirt Cheap?


And now, for your weird-religious-product-of-the-week ...

Holy Land Dirt.


Entrepreneuer Steve Friedman is now selling dirt from Israel over the Internet. Each 16-ounce resealable baggie is guaranteed authentic by a genuine rabbi and costs $20. Friedman's Web site says the soil is perfect for burial ceremonies and gravesite visits, but the dirt is so, er, clean that "you could plant a tree in it."


I wish I could post a picture, but there wasn't really a suitable one on their Web site. So instead I'm including a picture of a chipmunk sitting on a pile of dirt that could, conceivably have come from Israel.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it's good enough for the chipmunk, it's good enough for me! where do i sign up?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a truckload of wood from the Christ's cross that I'm looking to unload.

I also have about 4 tons of twigs and slivers from the Buddha's bodhi tree.

If I recognize you, you're Jewish on your mother's side, and you took a religious studies course in junior college does that make you a "recognized Jewish religious authority"?

One wonders.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home