Faith at Altitude

Religion and spirituality in the shadow of Pikes Peak

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Thorn returneth

I went to New Life Church's preview showing of "The Thorn" last night. The only characters missing were the lions and tigers New Life plans to have on hand for the show's opening gladiator scene. The play opens Thursday (April 6).

Whenever I go (this is my third time), I'm always a bit amazed at how slick the thing is. Some of the singers could kick some "American Idol" butt, and the special effects are outrageous. It's not everyone's cup o' tea, though. I'm interested: Have you gone in the past? What'd you think?

A full review of the Passion play -- celebrating its 10th anniversary this year -- will be in this weekend's Go! section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home